aimless meanderings of a simple mind

for description of of title...see title...

Name:
Location: olympia, washington, United States

Thursday, July 01, 2004

Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day, by Judith Viorst.

So, anyways, I'm all sorts of excited about this weekend! After an interesting night with my cohort, Shwee, Scout, and HEW i've decided that i need to calm down a lot about things i plan. I think from now on i'm gonna do a "go with the flow" approach to things... I expect too much from time to time i think. so i'm gonna just back off and mellow out and expect less of people.

Anyways, as for what actually happened yesterday...

i got to my final at 8:30am and i was pretty much ready for it, but then people start handing in this paper... OH SHIT! i thought i had already turned it in, but i didn't! I just got confused! FUCK! so, a little stress there. but, not to worry, it was only a one page paper so i'm like, "i'll just do it when i'm done with my test." So, i take the final...and it wasn't too bad, just long. then i haul ass over to the computer lab to do the paper, i do it in like 15 minutes (so you know it was quality) and then turn it in while the majority of the class was still sweating the small stuff.

After everyone from my cohort was done we went to a bar and immediately started drinking. I didn't, just yet. We moved the Chevy's in tacoma and i started drinking then. I got a disposable camera and took pictures of all of us, it was great. I was so happy that everyone in my cohort is so supportive of everyone else. We actually get along really, really well. and we're from all walks of life. There were even two mormons there and they totally hung out with us while ALL of us were drinking around them, but they were totally cool.

The crowd started to thin out a little bit, but of course I was not done with my day yet. SO, we move over to the RAM in tacoma, on the waterfront there. it was beautiful! we were out on their deck, right next to the sound. I loved it. I drank even more and ate and 7 of us were there and talked and drank and we drank and yeah it was good. Anyways, eventually we needed to just get moving on our day, we all knew that it was time to just go and do other things...so, who was the one who wasn't done yet...?

Yeah, so i head north and make b line for HEW's house, a great point of departure for all of our adventures. I call bobanna at work and she answers...AGAIN! HA! anyways, we plan on getting together later. I call Shwee and couldn't reach her until i finally get to HEW's house and then she calls there! She and Scout invite us over for dinner and we headed that direction.

I love Scouts' place, other than the heat, it was really cute and in an area i totally love! Scout played the best little hostess ever, she made us food, she cleaned the dishes, she even refilled my water! it was great! the night had one disappointment that bothered me some, but i was glad to hang out with such awesome people with such awesome food and beer...which i did drink...eventually, I'M NOT FEELING MY OLD AGE DAMMIT!!! After a lot of good conversation, i took HEW back home and headed back to Olympia. a good night without a doubt.

SO, here i am and the fam wants me to spend the day making the house pretty again. Little do they know that that's exactly what i want to do before my company comes this weekend! I'm planning a lot. I'm gonna go and get fresh stuff from the farmers' market on saturday. and sunday and monday are just gonna kick ass! goodtimes with good people. everyone's invited, but i'm pretty sure i know who'll show up, and i really appreciate it!

Now, i go off to work on beautifying my house! Can't wait to see everyone on sunday! HEW, it might be a good idea if you come down on saturday so i can get your help with the organizing of my house! my dad has been stripping the floors so we'll need to do some moving around! NO KITCHEN USE!!! but, i'll have a grill and kiddie pool!

WORD, i'll talk to you all later!

OH! And welcome to the fold blackmamba! good to have you!

-ROCKSTEADY

p.s. PPprrrrrrr

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home