aimless meanderings of a simple mind

for description of of title...see title...

Name:
Location: olympia, washington, United States

Thursday, October 14, 2004

rollercoaster life...

that about sums it up...

after a spectacular weekend of laid back drinking, singing, meeting new people and football...i found myself heading home (unfortunately) on saturday night. i received a call from schwee sometime on saturday night, but i had already made my trek home, i would have had so much more fun had i stayed in the emerald city that night i would bet. and that causes me much pain.

no, instead i went home and sat around. on sunday i met up with my aunt and 1st cousin-once removed at church with the rest of the local fam. we all headed over to the g-parents house to have dinner. my cousin, who is 9 by the way, sat next to me during dinner...the first thing she does it look me dead in the eye and pronounce, "you need to shave. you look better when you shave." she's 9!!! and giving me fashion tips! i explained to her that i decided to grow it out for a while to see how it looks, but no, she told me i needed to shave. gotta love the honesty of kids.

so, monday i attended a class at a local "high class" grocery store, (ralph's bayview to anyone who knows the area or remembers where we got our supplies for the 4th. it's an absolutely beautiful store and the eating area is ON the pier like the store and looks out over budd bay, it's amazing) and it was a cooking class on "hearty italian soups" it was really cool, it was set up like we were on the set of this really nice cooking show. the chef lady came out and told us the stories of the soups and she made four different ones that we all got to taste and they were all really good! some not spicy enough for me, but that could be fixed. we even got to taste some wine and she showed us a great way to make garlic bread. needless to say i walked out of ralphs that night with a bottle of Bolla-Valpolicella. which brings me to my next topic of the morning...

i guess i really do like wine. since i drank 1-1/2 bottles last night! There's just something about watching political debates that makes me want something to drink. it was a good time though, and i did some drunk dialing, but not to the usual victim. i'm just testing myself, i think my tolerance is getting better and better all the time. the only thing that happened to me last night as far as the effects of drinking is concerned is i went to sleep around 12am when in the same situation on the weekend i'd be up until about 5. whatever...i didn't have a hang over or a headache the next day...

this is all fine and good, but i woke up this morning with that horrible feeling in the back of your throat, behind your palate. you know when it's all sore and hurts when you swallow? anyways, i think i'm coming down with a cold of some sort. damn it. i really didn't need this for the weekend, but at least i'm doing ok otherwise.

so, there's my rollercoaster life for right now...i had a great weekend and got to hang out with my friends and with bug (for a little while) and watch football and watch a hardcore lesbian sing the best metallica i've ever heard anyone do, total eclipse of the heart did kick ass, as did everyone else's performances, i liked "waterloo" but that's just me, no one else knew the words...so disappointed bobanna! sounds like a round two is in order...hopefully when i'm not feeling sick like i am now...

and i still have to go to class today...

bad words...

-OUT

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home