aimless meanderings of a simple mind

for description of of title...see title...

Name:
Location: olympia, washington, United States

Monday, June 07, 2004

Once upon a friday night...

I was in high spirits on friday. Class was fun, both teaching and learning. So, i thought i'd try to get my peers in my cohort to bond and i sent out the invitation for anyone who wanted to to come out and drink with some of the olympia people that night. It was a fine moment for me, i was taking on the roll of the unifier, the day was going well and at least five people said they would "try" to make it. That meant that about three of us would actually show.

So, we plan to meet at this bar called "the brotherhood", a cool bar in downtown Oly. We all leave class and agree that we'll meet there as soon as we can go home and change and get back. I make a side trip to the bank, then safeway. OK. SO, on the way out of safeway (not "the safe". "THE SAFE" is Safeco field. Bug, don't confuse the locals.) i'm pulling out and on the main road back to my place when my FUCKING CAR BREAKS DOWN A-FUCKING-GAIN! So, i'm all pissed off. I call AAA, my phone dies. FUCK. I'm sweating, cause it's hot outside and I'm all mad and i've pulled into the middle of the road cause i couldn't make it over to the shoulder...god damn it.

Miracle of miracles, my car eventually just starts again and gets me home. Of course i'm shouting at the top of my lungs at my car, it's been in and out of the shop for like 3 months, i'm a little done with it. Any-fucking-ways, i get home change and head my ass back to downtown oly.

I arrive at the brotherhood and my spirits immediately lift again. There were five people waiting for me there. two others from my cohort, and one of their husbands and some Delta Upsilon guy, that's just how i remember him, he was in the greek system. They all yelled and were so excited to see me, it was like coming into my first grade class actually. nice though...so i start the drinking.

The talk was great, i met some nice guys and bonded with my cohortians. Things were going great...until i get up to go to the bathroom...

SO, I was talking to (hmm, protect the name...) ok, "greener", that'll be her name. Greener and I were discussing religion and stuff...she was drunk, but obviously not far gone by any means, she only had four drinks all night. Anyways, i get up to go to the bathroom and literally it only took that long for things to go all wrong. When i come out her husband is helping her...as she stumbles out the door of the bar. OK, WHERE THE FUCK DID THAT COME FROM? The other cohortian and Ran(just another protected name) came up and paid their bills and we walk out of the bar to follow only to find Greener lying on the pavement of the parking lot being slapped awake! HOLY SHIT! We came and tried to help, but her husband was on the job...to make a long story short..er, ONE COP CAR, TWO (2) AMBULANCES, AND A FUCKING FIRE TRUCK LATER, Greener is taken off to have some charcoal pumped into her...the cop assured us that she would be fine. Ran stayed with us as we went to grab something to eat, Ran was Greeners' ride. So, we ate, got a couple more drinks and wondered what the fuck that was all about. Greener should not have had that kind of reaction, it didn't add up. Plus we go to class with this person! IT was just such an odd night. We met up with another cohortian later and met his friend, then called it a night.

So, needless to say I had an odd night. I stopped and got some microwave pizza at safeway and headed home.

...and that was just FRIDAY! More installments to come...

Current music: The New Amsterdams "hover near fame" (listen to all the music i'm listening too while you read this, this was the soundtrack to my weekend...)

Till next time,

-ROCK STEADY

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home